David has been practicing for over 50 years starting as a criminal defense attorney with the Legal Aid Society in New York City. After completing a three-year commitment, he decided to expand his knowledge and experience by going into private practice in New Jersey where he had an opportunity to gain medical proficiency by handling workers compensation, personal injury and disability cases. In addition, he continues a general practice including matrimonial, business, and estate law. In short, over the course of his career, David has dealt with all matters relating to the human condition.
The breadth of these exposures with various clients has enabled David to provide not only excellent professional guidance, but also to understand the emotional issues that often accompany legal problems. This ability to see the total picture has resulted in a more satisfactory outcome for his clients. As a result of his experience and reputation, he has been appointed by the Court as an attorney for alleged incompetents as well as an arbitrator for the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
Professionally he is a past Chair and current member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District VB Ethics Committee and former Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Public Relations Committee. He has acted as a moderator and panelist for many legal education programs. David is also a R. 1:40 Qualified Mediator and has maintained a Martindale Hubbell AV rating.
Beyond his legal practice, David has contributed a substantial amount of time to community services. Has been President of the Village Club of South Orange, Chair of the First Occupational Center of New Jersey, General Counsel to the United Labor Agency and First Board Chair of the New Jersey Poison Information Education System.
David’s services have been recognized by the New Jersey AFL-CIO and he was also honored by a joint resolution of the New Jersey Senate and Assembly for his community service.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Former Chairman of the Public Relations Committee)
- Union County Bar Association
- Moderator and Panelist for many Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminars and NJ Association for Justice Seminars
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Arbitrator for New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
- Civil Arbitrator
- R. 1:40 Qualified Mediator
- New Jersey Supreme Court District VB Ethics Committee:
- From 2007 to current
- Acting Chair and Chair from April 2013 through September 2015
- First Occupational Center of New Jersey (Board Chairman 1994-2000)
- United Labor Agency (Board Member and Legal Counsel)
- New Jersey Poison Information Education System (First Board Chairman)
- Village Club of South Orange (Past President)
- Honored by a Joint Resolution of the New Jersey Senate and Assembly for Community Service